Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Winter's dry, people. Gotsta keep the lip lube handy.

I asked Joel what I should write in my blog. He said, "Say whatever you're thinking." So, here goes:

-I could really use a taco right now. No homemade tacos, either. Those are always crap. Taco Bell tacos. Now that's authenticity.

-What kind of name is Huckabee? Would any of us really want to refer to "President Huckabee" by about this time next year? I didn't think so.

-What's up with paperweights? Why would you buy something whose sole intention is to hold papers down? You can use absolutely anything as a paperweight, yet there is a paperweight industry. Rock-type things with inspirational messages on them, or Your Company Name Here followed by Trendy Graphic. Use a stapler, for crap's sake. Whoever came up with that is a genius.

- I never have said, nor will I ever say the following phrase: "Oh...my...God. I have to have those shoes or I'm going to die." I think I'm a better person because of it.

-This is a list of Joel's favorite words: Poop, butt, hole, meemeshmeemeshmeeme, and any combination of the four. Not unlike a ten year old boy.

- I think Gordon Ramsay is pretty cool. Cranky, kind of, and I rarely hear what he's saying on television because most of it gets bleeped, but I get the general idea. I appreciate his breed of English accent.

- I wonder if the Alphorn is heavy. Are there Alphorn conventions? In which case, does everybody have to drag along their Alphorn in their big gigantic Alphorn case, strapped to the hood of their car, and keep a safe distance from the car in front of them lest the Alphorn puncture their back window? Are they heavy? Is it Ricola pronounced rEEcolah or ricOHlah? They've said it both ways in one commercial.

That was fun.

3 comments:

Michelle Sisneros said...

So, is THAT what those rocks with messages on them are for?! Paul and I keep seeing them around and have the reoccurring conversation of "what are they for?" Of course, they still seem pointless even know this fact.

jsis said...

Finally.
I was starting to get worried.
Glad you're back...and in grand style.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

It' s the first metre I take heard that in Macedonia, obits are an extraordinary observe. You maintain wonderfully written the post. I acquire liked your modus operandi of writing this. Thanks for sharing this.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]