Monday, September 24, 2007

Chill out on those trans fats, Dino.

Want to know something hilarious? You have to pay $140 dollars to take the GRE. "What's so funny about that, Katie?" You must be asking yourself. Well, fair reader, ask any given academic professional what the purpose of the GRE is and you'll get about the same answer from all of them: "Oh, it's not actually that important. It's just one of those things you have to do." So in other words, the GRE is the $140 dollar bridge to Graduate school which, hour by hour, costs almost twice as much as Undergraduate. WHY DON'T YOU JUST TAKE MY KIDNEY, UNL?!

SWELL! I am SO EXCITED about spending half a paycheck on a God-forsaken test that essentially means nothing except that I know how to take fill-in-the-bubble tests. Good. Thought I'd proven that in kindergarten, first through eighth grade, all of high school, and the first half of college. And what am I tested for on the GRE? Junior high math and vocabulary. No, really. I almost cannot contain my excitement.

Goddamn universities.

No comments: